Saturday, November 24, 2018

BOLD a Part of the Cell Value

Q:  D1=(A1&B1)...I want the result of B1 Bold when result show i.e. Biplab (A1) & Rs.12/-(B2). In Cell No. C1 there is formula =(A1&" "B1)...Now Result I want "Biplab Rs.12/-"..... Only Rs.12/- is BOLD. (Note: Length of B1 is not fixed)

Let's create a function called Bold which will make any character under the function to bold. and you can use it directly in the sheet using formula feature. 



here is the two thing.

Put the Following function in the Module

Function BOLD(ByRef Text As String) As String

Text = "!" & Text
BOLD = Text

End Function

Now Goto the Sheet and choose we will work on Worksheet_Change Event 

here is the Code. 

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim I As Variant
I = Target.Value

Dim A As String
Dim B As String

Dim ALEN As Integer
Dim BLEN As Integer

Dim TargetColumnNo As Integer
TargetColumnNo = 3

If Target.Column = TargetColumnNo Then

If VBA.InStr(1, I, "!") > 0 Then
A = VBA.Left(I, Application.WorksheetFunction.Find("!", I, 1) - 1)
B = VBA.Mid(I, VBA.InStr(1, I, "!") + 1, VBA.Len(I) - VBA.InStr(1, I, "!"))
ALEN = VBA.Len(A)
BLEN = VBA.Len(B)
Target.Value = A & " " & B
Target.Characters(ALEN + 2, BLEN).Font.FontStyle = "Bold"
Else
Exit Sub
End If

End If

End Sub

Now Suppose in the Sheet1 and Column 3 would be your target column then 

write the following formula and you will get the required result. 

=A1&BOLD(B1)

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

IsValidPasswordString Function

'Following function will verify if the password string contains following characters or not? Rem : List of Characters Group - ASCII Rem ...